Field guide to displacement measuring interferometry / Jonathan D. Ellis.
- Other Title:
- Displacement measuring interferometry.
- Bellingham, Washington : SPIE, 
- SPIE field guides ; FG30.
SPIE digital library
SPIE field guides ; FG30
1 online resource (xvi, 128 pages)
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- This Field Guide provides a practical treatment of the fundamental theory of displacement measuring interferometry, with examples of interferometry systems and uses. It outlines alignment techniques for optical components, signal processing systems for phase measurements, and laser stabilization for homodyne and heterodyne sources. The concept of displacement measurement uncertainty is discussed with a practical example of calculating uncertainty budgets. For practicing engineers, this Field Guide will serve as a refresher manual for error sources and uncertainty budgets. For researchers, it will bring new insight to the way in which this technology can be useful in their field. For new engineers, researchers, and students, it will also serve as an introduction into basic alignment techniques for breadboard-based optical systems.
- Glossary of terms and acronyms
Fundamentals of light and interference
Basic interferometry systems
Interferometry system characteristics
Special interferometer configurations
Mixing and periodic error
Measurement errors and uncertainty
Measurement uncertainty example
- "SPIE Digital Library."--Website.
Includes bibliographical references.
Title from PDF title page (SPIE eBooks Website, viewed 2014-01-09).
- Society of Photo-optical Instrumentation Engineers, publisher.
- Other format:
- Print version
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1117/3.1002328 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|