Global health, human rights and the challenge of neoliberal policies / Audrey R. Chapman.
- Other Title:
- Global Health, Human Rights & the Challenge of Neoliberal Policies
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2016.
1 online resource (x, 345 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- World health.
- Written by a respected authority on human rights and public health, this book delivers an in-depth review of the challenges of neoliberal models and policies for realizing the right to health. The author expertly explores the integration of social determinants into the right to health along with the methodologies and findings of social medicine and epidemiology. The author goes on to challenge the way that health care is currently provided and makes the case that achieving universal health coverage will require fundamental health systems reforms.
- Machine generated contents note: 1. The right to health as an emergent human right; 2. Evaluating interpretations of the right to health; 3. Health and human rights in the neoliberal era; 4. Private sector provision, health, and human rights; 5. Globalization, health, and human rights; 6. Achieving improved access to medicines; 7. The social determinants of health, health equity, and human rights; 8. Right to health perspectives on universal health care.
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Apr 2016).
- Other format:
- Print version:
- 9781316104576 (ebook)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|