Legitimacy, justice and public international law / edited by Lukas H. Meyer.
- Other Title:
- Legitimacy, Justice & Public International Law
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2009.
1 online resource (x, 321 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- International law -- Congresses.
Justice -- Congresses.
International agencies -- Congresses.
- Do states or individuals stand under duties of international justice to people who live elsewhere and to other states? How are we to assess the legitimacy of international institutions such as the International Monetary Fund and the United Nations Security Council? Should we support reforms of international institutions and how should we go about assessing alternative proposals of such reforms? The book brings together leading scholars of public international law, jurisprudence and international relations, political philosophers and political theorists to explore the central notions of international legitimacy and global justice. The essays examine how these notions are related and how understanding the relationships will help us comparatively assess the validity of proposals for the reform of international institutions and public international law.
- The legitimacy of global governance institutions / Allen Buchanan and Robert O. Keohane
Institutionalising global demoi-cracy / Samantha Besson
The responsibilities and legitimacy of economic international institutions / Simon Caney
Do international organisations play favourites? : an impartialist account / Steven R. Ratner
'Victors' justice?' : historic injustice and the legitimacy of international law / Daniel Butt
International law and global justice / Peter Koller
Global justice : some problems of a cosmoplitan account Herlinde / Pauer-Studer
The responsibility to protect human rights / David Miller
The threat of violence and of new military force as a challenge to international public law / Matthias Lutz-Bachmann
Forcing a people to be free / Arthur Applbaum.
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
- Meyer, Lukas H., editor.
- Other format:
- Print version:
- 9780511691720 (ebook)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|