Competition policy and law in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan / Mark Williams.
- Other Title:
- Competition Policy & Law in China, Hong Kong & Taiwan
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2005.
1 online resource (xx, 471 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Competition -- China.
Competition -- China -- Hong Kong.
Competition -- Taiwan.
Competition, Unfair -- China.
Competition, Unfair -- China -- Hong Kong.
Competition, Unfair -- Taiwan.
- This book provides a comprehensive guide to the competition regimes of China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. Chinese developments are placed in the context of the adoption of competition regimes by developing and transitional states worldwide and also in relation to the influence of trans-national organisations on transitional states to adopt market-based economic strategies. The book adopts an inter-disciplinary approach considering the political, economic and legal issues relevant to competition policy adoption. The paradoxical phenomenon of Communist mainland China seeking to adopt a pro-competition law, whilst capitalist Hong Kong refuses to do so, is explained and contrasted with the successful Taiwanese adoption of a competition regime over a decade ago. The underlying economic and political forces that have shaped this unusual matrix are discussed and analysed with a theoretical explanation offered for its consequences.
- Introduction and methodology
Competition theory and the experience of states adopting competition law
The international perspective
China and economic regulation
history, politics and economics
Existing and proposed Chinese competition provisions
Competitive Hong Kong? myths, perception and reality
Implementation of competition policy in Hong Kong, 1997-2004 : economising with truth
Electricity, telecommunication, and broadcasting : competition regulation Hong Kong style
the third China
Political economy : an explanation of competition policy in Greater China
Competition policy in Greater China : where next?
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 08 Oct 2015).
- Other format:
- Print version:
- 9780511494710 (ebook)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|