Sustainable development, international aviation, and treaty implementation / edited by Armand de Mestral, McGill University, Peter Paul Fitzgerald, McGill University, Tanveer Ahmad, McGill University.
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2018.
- Treaty implementation for sustainable development
Treaty implementation for sustainable development
1 online resource (xvii, 361 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Aeronautics, Commercial -- Law and legislation.
Aeronautics, Commercial -- Environmental aspects.
Sustainable development -- Law and legislation.
Environmental law, International.
- In 1944 the Chicago Convention set out the foundations of public international law regulating international air transport, but until 2016 no international agreement existed to limit its environmental impact. Sustainable Development, International Aviation, and Treaty Implementation explains why the CORSIA scheme adopted by the International Civil Aviation Organization in 2016, should be implemented in 2020 even though the adequacy of this scheme is still open to doubt and criticism. This book seeks to examine the many dimensions of the effort to contain greenhouse gas emissions from aircraft in a manner consonant with the principles of sustainable development, and examines the development of international law and policy in an area that has remained largely outside the general framework of international environmental law. International civil aviation is a significant polluter of the atmosphere, and in this volume, a group of air law and sustainable development law specialists considers how the international community can respond.
- Introduction : sustainable development, international aviation, and treaty implementation / Armand de Mestral, P. Paul Fitzgerald and Md Tanveer Ahmad
Technology developments and renewable fuels for sustainable aviation / David W. Zingg and Ömer L. Gülder
Global civil aviation emissions standards : from noise to greener fuels / Md Tanveer Ahmad
Sustainable flight management and aviation / P. Paul Fitzgerald and Md Tanveer Ahmad
Environmental sustainability measures for airports / Maha Mousavi Sameh and Julianna Scavuzzi
Sustainable development and emission trading i : the eu perspective / Markus W. Gehring and Cairo Robb
Sustainable development, aviation and open skies : exporting environmental values through open skies : the case of the European Union / Kuan-Wei (David) Chen
Aviation and sustainable development : some perspectives from the Asia-Pacific / Jae Woon Lee, Benoît Mayer and Joseph Wheeler
Sustainable aviation and the transfer of environmentally sound technologies to Africa : paradoxes, barriers, and prospects / Damilola S. Olawuyi
Sustainable tourism and the impact of climate change on the caribbean / Nicole Gonzales
Sustainable development initiatives in the aviation industry in Latin America : focus on Brazil / Julianna Scavuzzi and Maha Mousavi Sameh
Settlement of disputes at ICAO and sustainable development / Armand de Mestral
International civil aviation and sustainable development : the application of WTO law / Emilie Conway and Armand de Mestral
Getting to global cooperation: ICAO and climate change / Alejandro Piera
Seeking global environmental harmony in aviation / P. Paul Fitzgerald
Inspirations from sustainable maritime development / Jeffrey J. Smith
Corporate social responsibility in the aviation industry / P. Paul Fitzgerald and Rene David-Cooper
Conclusion : reflections on ICAO, sovereignty, and supra-state governance / Brian F. Havel.
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 30 Aug 2018).
- De Mestral, Armand L. C., editor.
Fitzgerald, P. Paul, editor.
Ahmad, Md Tanveer, editor.
- Other format:
- Print version:
- 9781316594216 (ebook)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|