Conflict and housing, land, and property rights : a handbook on issues, frameworks, and solutions / Scott Leckie, Chris Huggins.
- Other Title:
- Conflict & Housing, Land & Property Rights
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2011.
1 online resource (xiii, 297 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Postwar reconstruction.
Refugees -- Legal status, laws, etc.
- Housing, land and property (HLP) rights, as rights, are widely recognized throughout international human rights and humanitarian law and provide a clear and consistent legal normative framework for developing better approaches to the HLP challenges faced by the UN and others seeking to build long-term peace. This book analyses the ubiquitous HLP challenges present in all conflict and post-conflict settings. It will bridge the worlds of the practitioner and the theorist by combining an overview of the international legal and policy frameworks on HLP rights with dozens of detailed case studies demonstrating country experiences from around the world. The book will be of particular interest to professors and students of international relations, law, human rights, and peace and conflict studies but will have a wider readership among practitioners working for international institutions such as the United Nations and the World Bank, non-governmental organizations, and national agencies in the developing world.
- Introduction to the issues : HLP rights and sustainable peace
The international HLP rights normative framework
Displacement, conflict and HLP rights
HLP restitution rights : theory, law and concepts
Restitution mechanisms and institutional frameworks
United Nations and other peace operations and HLP rights
Protracted displacement and political obstacles to the protection of HLP rights
Emerging conceptual issues
Improving international responses to HLP rights and conflict : the work of NGOs in the HLP rights field.
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
- Huggins, Christopher, author.
- Other format:
- Print version:
- 9780511793318 (ebook)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|