Zubin Mehta conducts Strauss, Brahms and Tchaikovsky with Pinchas Zukerman, Amanda Forsyth and Denis Matsuev : Zubin Mehta's 80th birthday celebration / Accentus Music ; Paul Smaczny, director.
- Other Title:
- Zubin Mehta's 80th birthday celebration
- [Place of publication not identified] : Accentus Music, 2016.
1 online resource (1 video file (1 hr., 33 min., 30 sec.)) : sound, color.
Concertos (Violin and cello).
- Concert films.
- System Details:
- Zubin Mehta celebrated his 80th birthday in Mumbai in April 2016 with a concert featuring Pinchas Zukerman, Amanda Forsyth, Denis Matsuev, and the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra (IPO). On his 80th birthday, Maestro Zubin Mehta, the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra's honorary Music Director for life, conducted the IPO at the National Center for the Performing Arts in Mumbai. Born in 1936 in Bombay, Mehta received his first musical education from his father, Mehli Mehta (1908 - 2002), a noted concert violinist, conductor, and the founder of the Bombay Symphony Orchestra. This birthday concert was organized by the Mehli Mehta Music Foundation, which was created in Zubin Mehta's father's honor. The concert featured world renowned soloists including Israeli violinist Pinchas Zukerman, Canadian cellist Amanda Forsyth, and Russian pianist Denis Matsuev. The concert opened with the Overture to Johann Strauss Die Fledermaus ("The Bat"), followed by Brahms' Double Concerto in A minor, Op. 102, a work for violin, cello and orchestra. The came to a beautiful finish with Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1 in B-flat minor, Op. 23. Photo: © Oded Antman.
- Die Fledermaus. Overture / Johann Strauss II
Double concerto for violin and cello in A minor, op. 102 / Johannes Brahms
Piano concerto no. 1 in B-flat minor, op. 23 / Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
- Denis Matsuev, piano ; Pinchas Zukerman, violin ; Amanda Forsyth, cello ; Isarel Philharmonic Orchestra ; Zubin Mehta, conductor.
- Vendor-supplied metadata.
- Smaczny, Paul, film director.
Mat︠s︡uev, Denis, 1975- instrumentalist.
Zukerman, Pinchas, 1948- instrumentalist.
Forsyth, Amanda, instrumentalist.
Mehta, Zubin, conductor.
ACCENTUS Music (Firm), production company.
- Container of: Strauss, Johann, 1825-1899. Fledermaus. Ouverture
Container of: Brahms, Johannes, 1833-1897. Concertos, violin, cello, orchestra, op. 102, A minor
Container of: Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilich, 1840-1893. Concertos, piano, orchestra, no. 1, op. 23, B♭ minor
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|