Paavo Järvi conducts Brahms's Symphony No. 4 : The Deutsche Kammerphilharmonie Bremen.
- [Place of publication not identified] : CLC Productions, 2018.
1 online resource (1 video file (41 min., 53 sec.)) : sound, color.
- System Details:
- Catch the Deutsche Kammerphilharmonie Bremen and its artistic director Paavo Järvi's newest cycle of orchestral masterpieces: Brahms's complete symphonies! Following their 2009 Beethoven cycle and 2011 Schumann cycle, they present all of Brahms's symphonic masterpieces in two concerts at Paris's Théâtre des Champs-Élysées. The second concert features the fiery Fourth. Like the Second, Brahms's 1884 Fourth was written in the bucolic setting of a countryside retreat, yet the symphony is dark and challenging, and despite the exuberant third movement, the work's overall character is much more serious. The famous finale--a set of variations in the old Baroque form of a chaconne--gradually increases in intensity until reaching an exciting and fiery finish. Photo: Paavo Järvi © Chau Cuong Lê.
- Symphony No. 4 in E Minor, Op. 98 / Johannes Brahms.
- Paavo Järvi ; Deutsche Kammerphilharmonie Bremen.
- Vendor-supplied metadata.
- Järvi, Paavo, 1962- conductor.
Deutsche Kammerphilharmonie Bremen, performer.
- Container of: Brahms, Johannes, 1833-1897. Symphonies, no. 4, op. 98, E minor
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|