Master class with Denis Zhdanov. IV/IV / directed by Maurizio Braggion ; iClassical Academy.
- [Place of publication not identified] : iClassical Academy, 2014.
1 online resource (1 video file) : sound, color.
- Cello -- Instruction and study.
Cello -- Performance.
Cello music -- Interpretation (Phrasing, dynamics, etc.).
Sonatas (Cello and piano) -- Excerpts.
- Documentary films.
- System Details:
- Award-winning Siberian cellist Denis Zhdanov works with Dmitry Silvian on the first and second movements of Shostakovich's Cello Sonata in a master class at the Villa Sandra Lesa. Composed early in his career and during a period of emotional turmoil, Shostakovich's Sonata for Cello and Piano in D minor, Op. 40 shows evidence of the composer's search at the time for a more accessible and expressive musical language. The result was a work that struck many of Shostakovich's contemporaries as conservative, and it is true that the sonata adheres in many ways to classical sonata principles. It was premiered in Moscow on December 25, 1934 by the composer's close friend, cellist Viktor Kubatsky, to whom the piece was also dedicated.
- Denis Zhdanov, cello, instructor ; Dmitry Silvian, cello ; Robert Umansky, piano.
- Vendor-supplied metadata.
- Braggion, Maurizio, film director.
Zhdanov, Denis, instrumentalist, instructor.
Silvian, Dmitry, instrumentalist.
Umansky, Robert, instrumentalist.
iClassical Academy (Firm), production company.
- Container of: Shostakovich, Dmitriĭ Dmitrievich, 1906-1975. Sonatas, cello, piano, op. 40. Allegro non troppo.
Container of: Shostakovich, Dmitriĭ Dmitrievich, 1906-1975. Sonatas, cello, piano, op. 40. Allegro (2nd movement)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|