Life in the political machine : dominant-party enclaves and the citizens they produce / Jonathan T. Hiskey, Mason W. Moseley.
- New York, New York : Oxford University Press, 
- Oxford scholarship online.
Oxford scholarship online
1 online resource : illustrations (black and white).
- Dominant-party systems -- Argentina -- Provinces.
Dominant-party systems -- Mexico -- States.
Subnational governments -- Argentina.
Subnational governments -- Mexico.
Political culture -- Argentina -- Provinces.
Political culture -- Mexico -- States.
Political participation -- Argentina -- Provinces.
Political participation -- Mexico -- States.
- Electronic books.
- 'Life in the Political Machine' explores the political lives of everyday citizens who find themselves embedded in subnational dominant-party enclaves that lie within national-level democracies. While we know quite a bit about why such enclaves emerge and persist, we know very little about how those individuals living within them think about and engage with politics. This text offers one of the first systematic explorations of the ways in which subnational 'dominant-party enclaves' influence citizens' political attitudes and behaviours through a focus on the provinces and states of Argentina and Mexico.
- Also issued in print: 2020.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Moseley, Mason Wallace, author.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|