Seventeenth-century Lancashire restored : the life and work of Dr Richard Kuerden, antiquary and topographer, 1623-1702 / William D. Shannon.
- Manchester : The Chetham Society, 2020.
- Remains, historical and literary, connected with the palatine counties of Lancaster and Chester ; 3rd ser., v. 54.
Remains, historical and literary, connected with the palatine counties of Lancaster and Chester, 0080-0880 ; 3rd ser., v. 54
xiii, 346 pages : illustrations, maps ; 23 cm.
- Kuerden, Richard, 1623-1702.
Historians -- England -- Lancashire -- 17th century -- Biography.
Cartographers -- England -- Lancashire -- 17th century -- Biography.
Lancashire (England) -- History.
- "This book provides an account of the life and works of Richard Kuerden, a seventeenth-century Lancashire polymath who played an interesting, if perhaps marginal, role at the interface of the two cultures of seventeenth-century intellectual life, as a physician, antiquary, topographer, cartographer and perhaps even alchemist. ... his many volumes of manuscript notes justify giving him the accolade of 'Father of Lancashire History.'"--Inside jacket cover.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 314-339) and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|