Journeys to professional excellence : stories of courage, innovation, and risk-taking in the lives of noted psychologists and counselors / Frederic P. Bemak, Robert K. Conyne.
- Los Angeles, CA : SAGE Publications, Inc, 2018.
- Sage knowledge.
1 online resource (198 pages) : illustrations
- Counselors -- Vocational guidance.
Psychologists -- Biography.
Counselors -- Biography.
- Journeys to Professional Excellence: Stories of Courage, Innovation, and Risk-Taking in the Lives of Noted Psychologists and Counselors edited by Frederic P. Bemak and Robert K. Conyne explores the professional journeys of well-known psychologists and counselors, examining factors that contributed to their successes and struggles in the field. Powerful narratives cover the challenges and joys related to ethnic identity; moving from poverty; finding significance; dealing with immigrant status; exploring public policy; challenging the status quo; experiencing serendipity and exploring one's way; moving into new professional roles; and taking risks. These stories will ignite passion in future psychologists and counselors by helping them reflect on the relationship between their own personal and professional identities.
- Part of the SAGE Knowledge collection.
Description based on XML content.
- Bemak, Fred, editor.
Conyne, Robert K., editor.
- Other format:
- Print version :
- 9781071800669 (ebook) :
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|