Greenlit : developing factual/reality TV ideas from concept to pitch / Nicola Lees.
- London, [England] : Methuen Drama, 2010.
- Professional media practice.
Professional Media Practice
1 online resource (515 p.)
- Reality television programs -- Production and direction.
Documentary television programs -- Production and direction.
- Electronic books.
- Blows the lid on so many TV secrets"""" Tom Archer, Controller Factual, BBC """"If every first-time producer read this before pitching a program, I guarantee a greater success rate"""" Gary Lico, President/CEO, CABLEready, USA In recent years there has been an explosion of broadcast and cable channels with a desperate need for original factual/reality programming to fill their schedules: -documentaries, observational series, makeover formats, reality competitions. Yet television executives receive a daily avalanche of inappropriate pitches from pushy, badly prepared producers. Only 1 in 100 pr
- Cover Page; Title Page; Copyright Page; Table of Contents; Acknowledgments; List of Illustrations; Style Note; Introduction; 1 Welcome to Development Hell (A.K.A. What the Hell Is Development?); 2 Do You Have What It Takes?; 3 Understanding the TV Landscape; 4 Generating Ideas; 5 Developing an Idea; 6 Considering Multiplatform Content; 7 Writing a Killer Proposal; 8 Finding and Keeping Talent; 9 The Pitch Tape; 10 The Pitch; 11 Alternative Sources of Funding; 12 Getting the Greenlight; Reality Check-Idea Tick List; Sample Budget Template; Channel Budget Guide; Glossary; End Notes
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|