Great Anzac stories : the men and women who created the digger legend / Graham Seal.
- Sydney : Allen & Unwin, 2013.
- EBL ebooks online.
EBL ebooks online
1 online resource (321 p.)
- Australia -- History, Military -- 20th century.
Australia. Australian Army. Australian and New Zealand Army Corps.
- Electronic books.
- Stories of heroism, suffering and endurance - and also humour - from the main wars in which Australians have fought.
- Front cover; Part title; Also by Graham Seal; Title page; Copyright page; Contents; Introduction; Acknowledgements; Glossary; Foundations of Anzac; Digger; First to fall; The forgotten island; The silent Anzac; The first day on Gallipoli; Talk about go!; The landing; Parables of Anzac; Silence of the guns; Furphy; Leaving Gallipoli; At Pozieres; We did all that was asked of us; The charge at Beersheba; Heroes of Anzac; They just poured into the wards all day; Everyone was as cheerful as possible; Private Punch; A soldier of the cross; Fromelles; The Australians are here!; The Roo de Kanga
The only gleams of sunshineThe underground artillery; Matilda goes to war; Tobruk Rats; 'Bluey' Truscott; Angels of the Owen Stanley Range; Australia's secret submariners; The home front; Scots of the Riverina; The Durban Signaller; The chalk Rising Sun; Blighty; Homecoming; Very irritated; Death's soldier; A stitch in time; The Nackeroos; Yanks Down Under; The Brisbane Line; Miss Luckman's journal; Laughter; A million cat-calls; The Pommies and the Yanks; Religion; Monocles; Food and drink; Babbling brooks; Army biscuits; The casual digger; Officers; Birdie; The piece of paper
Baldy becomes mobileCharacters; 'The Unofficial History of the AIF'; Please Let Us Take Tobruk; Parable of the kit inspection; The Air Force wife; Legends of Anzac; The Eureka sword; The lost submarine; The vanished battalion; The two men with donkeys; Murphy's daughter; The souvenir king; The crucified soldier; The walers; ANZAC to Anzac; Anzac and the Rising Sun; The first and the last; Memories; No. 008 Trooper J. Redgum; The first Anzac Days; Return to Gallipoli; After the war; The lonely Anzac; The longest memorial; The lone pines; Mrs Kim's commemoration; The long aftermath of Fromelles
The Unknown SailorThe Long Tan cross; Flowers of remembrance; The lady of violets; Sound and silence; Hugo Throssell's VC; Do you remember?; Select sources and references; Picture credits; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|