Creative creatures [electronic resource] : values and ethical issues in theology, science and technology / editors, Ulf Görman, Willem B. Drees, Hubert Meisinger.
- London ; New York : T & T Clark International, c2005.
- Issues in science and theology (London, England)
Issues in science and theology
1 online resource (206 p.)
- Religion and science -- Congresses.
Technology -- Religious aspects -- Christianity -- Congresses.
Technology -- Moral and ethical aspects -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- This anthology, with contributions by leading scholars, introduces a new theme into the growing field of science-and-theology. This is the third volume published in association with ESSSAT in the series. This volume focuses on two topics that have so far received little attention, in the growing field of science-and-theology, i.e. ethical matters and issues raised by the technological applications of scientific knowledge. The book's main themes are: technology's impact on our worldview; morality, nature, and culture; and, morality in a technological society. The book is a selection of contribu
- Contents; Preface and Acknowledgements; List of Contributors; Chapter 1: Introduction: technological and moral creatures or creators?; PART I: TECHNOLOGY'S IMPACT ON OUR WORLDVIEW; PART II: MORALITY, NATURE AND CULTURE; PART III: MORALITY IN A TECHNOLOGICAL SOCIETY; Index
- "This volume has its origins in the Ninth European Conference on Science and Theology, organized by ESSSAT, the European Society for the Study of Science and Theology"--Preface.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Görman, Ulf, 1943-
Drees, Willem B., 1954-
European Society for the Study of Science and Theology.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|