Philosophy of education : aims, theory, common sense and research / Richard Pring.
- London, [England] ; New York, New York : Continuum, 2005.
- Continuum studies in education.
Continuum Studies in Education
1 online resource (289 p.)
- Education -- Philosophy.
Education -- Aims and objectives.
- Electronic books.
- This book for the first time brings together Professor Pring's thoughts on the philosophy of education and is his first global treatment of the subject. His writings reflect a consistency of thought about educational theory and educational aims-and the consequence of both for the nature and practice of educational research. Professor Pring draws together the different themes, providing a distinctively philosophical perspective on educational theory and practice. This perspective challenges many of the ideas, which underpin government policy, impoverish educational practice and weaken education
- Contents; Introduction; Part I: Aims, Values and Standards; Part II: Common Sense and Educational Theory; Part III: Educational Research; Notes; Further reading; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed January 20, 2015).
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|