The land that could be : environmentalism and democracy in the twenty-first century / William A. Shutkin.
- Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, ©2000.
- Urban and industrial environments
1 online resource (xx, 273 pages).
- Environmentalism -- United States.
Democracy -- United States.
- "In this book environmentalist and lawyer William Shutkin describes a new kind of environmental and social activism spreading across the nation, one that joins the pursuit of environmental quality with that of civic health and sustainable local economies. In the face of challenges posed by often corrosive market forces and widespread social disaffection, this civic environmentalism is creating nothing less than a new public discourse and dynamic social vision grounded in environmental action."--Jacket.
- OCLC-licensed vendor bibliographic record.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|