Banking on democracy : financial markets and elections in emerging countries / Javier Santiso.
- Other records:
- Cambridge, MA : MIT Press, ©2013.
1 online resource
- Finance -- Political aspects -- Developing countries.
Capital market -- Political aspects -- Developing countries.
International finance -- Political aspects.
Democracy -- Economic aspects -- Developing countries.
Elections -- Economic aspects -- Developing countries.
Political stability -- Economic aspects -- Developing countries.
- Politics matter for financial markets and financial markets matter for politics, and nowhere is this relationship more apparent than in emerging markets. In this book, Santiso investigates the links between politics and finance in countries that have recently experienced both economic and democratic transitions. He focuses on elections, investigating whether there is a 'democratic premium' - whether financial markets and investors tend to react positively to elections in emerging markets.
- OCLC-licensed vendor bibliographic record.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|