New solutions for house museums : ensuring the long-term preservation of America's historic houses / Donna Ann Harris.
- Second edition.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield, 
- American Association for State and Local History book series
xvi, 383 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Historic house museums -- United States -- Management.
Historic house museums -- United States -- Finance.
Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration -- United States.
Historic preservation -- United States -- Case studies.
Historic house museums -- Canada -- Management.
Historic house museums -- Canada -- Finance.
Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration -- Canada.
Historic preservation -- Canada -- Case studies.
Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration
- Case studies
- "This substantially enlarged and expanded second edition provides advice for historic site stewards with concerns about the financial sustainability of their historic house museum and its relevance to its audience. Harris adds seven new case studies and updates ten others to showcase a range of alternative uses to safeguard these landmark buildings"-- Provided by publisher.
Among the historic sites discussed are Cliveden, Elfreth's Alley, and Fairmount Park.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Baird Fund bookplate.
- Other format:
- Online version:
Harris, Donna Ann. New solutions for house museums.
Online version: Harris, Donna Ann. New solutions for house museums.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|