Folklore in the United States and Canada : an institutional history / edited by Patricia Sawin and Rosemary Lévy Zumwalt.
- Bloomington, Indiana : Indiana University Press, 2020.
vii, 312 pages : illustrations, portraits ; 23 cm
- Folklore -- Study and teaching (Graduate) -- United States -- History.
Folklore -- Study and teaching (Graduate) -- Canada -- History.
Folklore and education -- History.
Folklore -- Study and teaching (Graduate).
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I Early Programs
1. The Quintessence of the Humanities: Folklore and Mythology at Harvard / Anthony Bak Buccitelli
2. Bringing Ethnographic Research to the Public Conversation: Folklore at the University of North Carolina / Patricia Sawin
3. Teaching and Research at Laval University (Quebec, Canada): From Folklore to Ethnology / Laurier Turgeon
4. The Folklife Connection: Ethnological Organization at Franklin and Marshall, Cooperstown, and Penn State Harrisburg / Simon J. Bronner
pt. II 1960S-70S Efflorescence
5. "The Great Team" of American Folklorists: Characters Large in Life and Grand in Plans / Rosemary Levy Zumwalt
6. The Jewel in the Crown: Hallmarks of Success in Indiana University's Folklore Program / Jeanne Harrah-Johnson
7. Folklore and Mythology Studies at UCLA / Michael Owen Jones
8. Of Politics, Disciplines, and Scholars: MacEdward Leach and the Founding of the Folklore Program at the University of Pennsylvania / Rosina S. Miller
9. Groundtruthing the Humanities: Penn Folklore and Folklife, 1973-2013 / Mary Hufford
10. Toward a Multigenealogical Folkloristics: The Berkeley Experiment / Charles L. Briggs
11. The Texas School / Richard Bauman
12. Memorial University's Folklore Program: Outsiders and Insiders / Lynne S. McNeill
13. A Century of Folklore Research and Teaching at Western Kentucky / Michael Ann Williams
14. Folklore at the University of Oregon: A History of Tradition, Innovation, and Pushing the Rock up the Hill / Sharon R. Sherman
15. From Ukrainian Studies to Folklore of the Prairies: The Kule Center for Ukrainian and Canadian Folklore, University of Alberta / Natalie Kononenko
16. Engagement with Community in Distinctive Folklore Concentrations: University of Louisiana at Lafayette / Barry Jean Ancelet
17. The Fife Legacy: Fifty Years of Folklore at Utah State University / Randy Williams
pt. III Newer Programs and Innovations
18. Folklife in the Nation's Capital: The George Washington University Experience / James I. Deutsch
19. The University of Wisconsin-Madison's Folklore Program and the Wisconsin Idea / B. Marcus Cederstrom
20. Folklore at Brigham Young's Universities: Four Generations of Inter(con)textual Studies of Region, Religion, and Beyond / Jill Terry Rudy
21. The Mason Idea / Debra Lattanzi Shutika
22. Folklore and Interdisciplinarity at the Ohio State University / Amy Shuman
23. Show Me Folklore: The Folklore, Oral Tradition, and Culture Studies Program at the University of Missouri / Claire Schmidt
24. This Is the Right Place for It: The Development of the Folklore Program at Cape Breton University / Jodi McDavid
25. Practical Cultural Work: The MA in Cultural Sustainability at Goucher College / Rory Turner
26. The Future out of the Past: The View from the Conference on the Future of American Folkloristics / Meredith A. E. McGrifF.
- Sawin, Patricia.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|