Student and youth environmental activism web archive / collected by: Ivy Plus Libraries Confederation.
- New York : Ivy Plus Libraries Confederation, 2020-
1 online resource : illustrations
Began in January 2020.
- Students -- Political activity.
Youth -- Political activity.
Students -- Societies, etc.
Thunberg, Greta, 2003-
- Web archives.
- Chiefly in English, with a variety of European languages.
- "Student and Youth Environmental Activism Web Archive-- an initiative developed by Kris Kasianovitz (Stanford University), James Kessenides (Yale University), and Joshua Lupkin (Harvard University), under the auspices of the Ivy Plus Libraries Confederation-- documents youth and student engagement in climate change and environmental issues from around the globe beginning in 2019. It contains websites and online documents created by individuals, groups, organizations, and coalitions of student and youth-led environmental activism. For the purposes of this collection, students and youth are defined as those who are in primary, secondary, and tertiary schools, or whose age fall into these groups. Development of this collection was inspired by a variety of student-led activities and protests, like Greta Thunberg’s 2018 Skolstrejk för klimatet, the March 14, 2019 school strikes for climate (also known as Fridays for Future), Youth for Climate, the Global Climate Strikes that took place during the Fall of 2019, and the United Nations Youth Climate Summit in 2019. Not included in this collection, but of importance for this topic, are Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other social media outlets, such as WhatsApp and Slack, where the work, images, and messaging of many groups takes place."
- Description based on contents viewed on October 6, 2020; title from caption.
- Ivy Plus Libraries Confederation, compiler.
Archive-It (Firm), host institution.
- Access Restriction:
- Open access Unrestricted online access star
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|