The Tomahawk! Or, Censor general.
- Other records:
- London : Published, for the paoprietors [sic], by J[ohn]. Downes, Bookseller, Strand, near Temple Bar ; Where letters to the conductors will be received. Sold likewise by all other Booksellers and newsmen in Great Britain, 1795-1796.
- 17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers
1 online resource
Daily (except Sunday)
No. I (Tuesday, Oct. 27, 1795)-number CXIII (Monday, Mar. 7, 1796).
- London (England) -- Newspapers.
England -- London.
- Place of Publication:
- Great Britain England London.
- Title from caption.
Imprint from undated colophon.
No. 1 appeared on a Tuesday, no. 2 on a Thursday, with subsequent issues appearing daily. Below title on no. 1: Published every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday morning; on all other issues: Published every morning.
At head of title: [Price four pence.
No. 8 (Nov. 5, 1795) printed in red.
No. 113 (Mar. 7 1796) announces the "Death of the Tomahawk" and is printed with black borders.
Pagination and signatures are continuous.
Reproduction of the originals from the Burney Collection, the British Library (London).
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Cited in:
- NCBEL, II:1338
Times handlist, p. 47
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|