The Universal visiter, and monthly memorialist.
- London [England] : Printed for T[homas]. Gardner, at Cowley's-Head, facing St. Clement's Church, in the Strand ; B. Davey and H. Law, in Avemary-Lane ; S. Crowder and H. Woodgate, in Paternoster-Row ; A. Dodd, at Temple-Bar ; and the Booksellers of Great-Britain and Ireland, [1756-1758]
1 online resource
Began with: Introduction (Jan. 1756); ceased with: Dec. 1758. Cf. NCBEL.
- English poetry -- 18th century -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.
English literature -- 18th century -- History and criticism -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.
- Electronic books.
Criticism, interpretation, etc.
Periodicals -- England -- 18th century.
- Place of Publication:
- Great Britain England London.
- Edited by Richard Rolt and Christopher Smart (cf. NCBEL).
Imprint from title page; imprints include year of publication.
Title repeated as caption and running title.
Wrapper title includes table of contents.
Note below imprint in square brackets: To be continued monthly, price six-pence.
Issues paginated continuously through the year.
Includes contributions by Samuel Johnson, essays on poetry, articles on political or historical events, selections from other publications, new poetry, occasional music; monthly supplement includes calendar of current events, deaths, marriages and promotions.
Reproduction of original from Bodleian Library (Oxford).
First issue has designation: "Introduction"; dated from supplement.
Monthly issues numbered beginning with no. 3.
Monthly supplements have chronological designation only.
Supplements accompany each issue with title: Monthly memorialist.
Cumulated annually, with added prefatory material, by: Universal visiter, and memorialist.
May 1756. no. v.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Cited in:
- NCBEL, II:1300
Times handlist, p. 42
English Short Title Catalog, P1921
- Johnson, Samuel, 1649-1703 , Author
- Monthly memorialist.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|