Fifteen letters on education in Singapore : reflections from a visit to Singapore in 2015 by a delegation of educators from Massachusetts / edited by Fernando M. Reimers and E.B. O'Donnell.
- [Raleigh, NC] : Lulu Publishing Services, 
131 pages ; 23 cm
- Comparative education.
Education -- Cross-cultural studies.
- Cross-cultural studies.
- When a group of educators from Massachusetts traveled to Singapore to visit schools and talk to teachers, teacher educators and system-level leaders in the fall of 2015, they were determined to learn how Singapore had built a high-performing education system. Singapore has transitioned from an education system focused simply on universal literacy and primary education to one that aims for universal high school graduation and post-secondary success. It has gone from a developing nation in 1965 to a first-world economy today-and it has done so largely by focusing on education. In this series of letters, members of the delegation identify the educational practices and policies that have enabled Singapore to become a prosperous knowledge economy. Many of their practices and successes could be transferred to the United States and elsewhere.
- Introduction: how learning from Singapore can support improvement at home
Implications for educator preparation and support in Massachusetts
Lessons for improving the quality of teacher preparation programs and instruction in the commonwealth / by Paul F. Toner
Sharing the Singapore story: reflections on the visit by U.S. education leaders / by Oon-Seng Tan
Planning the visit by U.S. education leaders: from conceptualisation to realisation / by Ee-Ling Low
Reflections on a nation by a New Hampshire teacher of the year / by Joey Lee
Teachers and teacher education in Singapore / by Eleonora Villegas-Reimers
Reflections on Singapore: an ecology of coherence / By David Lussier
Observations from the dean of a college of education / by Christine McCormick
A systemic and systematic approach to teaching and learning / by Connie K. Chung
Purposes, professionals, and policies in action / by Mitalene Fletcher
The quest to find out what is ''normal'' in Singapore / by Lisa Battaglino
Lessons of coherence, commitment, and equity far from home / by E.B. O'Donnell
Clarity, committment, and coherence / by Vanessa Lipshitz
Five reflections on a thought-provoking trip / by Meghan O'Keefe
Ten lessons from Singapore / by David Harris
Learning from Singapore: reflections from a visit with a delegation of educators from Massachusetts / by Fernando M.Reimers.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Reimers, Fernando, editor.
O'Donnell, E. B. (Eleanor B.), editor.
Battaglino, Lisa, contributor.
Chung, Connie K., contributor.
Fletcher, Mitalene, contributor.
Harris, David, contributor.
Lee, Joey, contributor.
Lipschitz, Vanessa, contributor.
Low, Ee Ling, contributor.
Lussier, David, contributor.
McCormick, Christine B., contributor.
O'Keefe, Meghan, contributor.
Tan, Oon Seng, contributor.
Toner, Paul F., contributor.
Villegas-Reimers, Eleonora, contributor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|