The Next Wave : Financing Women's Growth-Oriented Firms / Susan Coleman, Alicia M. Robb.
- Stanford, CA : Stanford University Press, 
1 online resource (312 pages)
- Success in business -- United States.
Women-owned business enterprises -- United States -- Finance.
Women-owned business enterprises -- United States -- Management.
- Local subjects:
- Kauffman Firm Survey. (search)
financing strategies. (search)
growth-oriented firms. (search)
women as investors. (search)
women entrepreneurs. (search)
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- You may be familiar with the success stories of Spanx, GoldieBlox, and other women-owned businesses that have taken their markets by storm. But, today, only two percent of women-owned firms generate more than one million dollars annually. The Next Wave is here to help women drive up that number. Drawing on the Kauffman Firm Survey and many other sources, Susan Coleman and Alicia M. Robb cull together data-driven advice for women-owned, growth-oriented businesses as they finance their expansion. They not only consider the unique approaches and specific concerns of female business owners, but also take into account the growing pool of investors who will play a role in selecting and grooming a new generation of women entrepreneurs. Since growth-oriented firms typically require external capital, the investor perspective is critical. Telling entrepreneurs what the research means for them, outfitting them with resources, and illustrating the road ahead with real world cases, this book serves as a pioneering strategy guide for the next wave of women who want to "go big" to bring home their goals.
Preface and Acknowledgments
1. Introduction: Why Growth?
2. A Status Report on Growth-Oriented Women Entrepreneurs
3. What We Know About the Challenges for Growth-Oriented Women
4. A Star Is Born! Financing Strategies for Nascent Entrepreneurs
5. First Things First: Financing Strategies for Early Stage Firms
6. The White Knuckle Flight: Survival Stage Strategies for Growth-Oriented Firms, Part I
7. Brave New World: Survival Stage Strategies for Growth-Oriented Firms, Part II
8. Crowdfunding: The New Kid on the Block
9. Liftoff! Financing Strategies for Scaling Up and Managing Rapid Growth
10. Going for Gold: Harvesting Value
11. No Rest: Life After Harvesting Value
12. Let the Circle Be Unbroken: Women Investors
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 15. Sep 2020)
- Robb, Alicia M., author., Author,
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9781503600980 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|