The films of Teuvo Tulio : an excessive outsider / Henry Bacon, Kimmo Laine and Jaakko Seppälä.
- Other Title:
- At head of title: ReFocus
- Edinburgh : Edinburgh University Press, 
- ReFocus: the international directors series
ReFocus. The international directors series
vii, 224 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Tulio, Teuvo, 1912-2000 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Tulio, Teuvo, 1912-2000.
Motion picture producers and directors -- Finland.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Teuvo Tulio (1912-2000) was one of the most original directors in Finnish film history. Growing up in the newly independent Finland, he lived most of his life in the Finnish cultural and social context, yet he always remained something of an outsider and ended up as a total recluse. This collection explores Tulio's unique style and the extent, and effect of his obsessive recirculation of story elements and stylistic patterns in his work.
Tulio and traditions of melodrama
Biography of an outsider
Outsider as an independent filmmaker
All that melodrama allows
Tulio's films and principal obsessions
Exploring a style of passion
Art of repetition
- Includes bibliographical references, filmography (pages 211-217), and index.
- Laine, Kimmo, author.
Seppälä, Jaakko, 1926- author.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|