The price of the prize / a documentary by Brandy Yanchyk ; director/producer/writer, Brandy Yanchyk ; produced in association with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- Canada : Brandy Y Productions, 2016.
1 online resource (45 minutes)
- Grizzly bear -- Conservation -- British Columbia.
- Documentary films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- The Price of the Prize is a documentary by Canadian filmmaker Brandy Yanchyk about the First Nations' fight to end grizzly bear trophy hunting in the Great Bear Rainforest in British Columbia. The film follows the Heiltsuk, Kitasoo Xai'xais, and Gitga'at First Nations as they enforce their ban on trophy hunting through the presence of Coastal Guardian Watchmen. The documentary also shows how the environmental group the Raincoast Conservation Foundation is purchasing grizzly bear trophy hunting licenses in the Great Bear Rainforest to try to stop the commercial trophy hunt.The Price of the Prize gives the viewer unique access to Canada's First Nations and provides the audience with a breath taking view of many majestic animals that live in the Great Bear Rainforest, including grizzly bears and the elusive Spirit Bear.
- Narrator: Brandy Yanchyk.
- Title from resource description page (viewed August 11, 2020).
- Yanchyk, Brandy, director, producer, screenwriter, narrator.
Brandy Y Productions, production company.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, production company.
Alexander Street Press.
- Other format:
- DVD version:
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|