Innovations and Interdisciplinary Solutions for Underserved Areas [electronic resource] : 4th EAI International Conference, InterSol 2020, Nairobi, Kenya, March 8-9, 2020, Proceedings / edited by Jessica P. R. Thorn, Assane Gueye, Adam P. Hejnowicz.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- Computer Science (SpringerNature-11645)
Lecture notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics, and Telecommunications Engineering 1867-8211 ; 321
Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering, 1867-8211 ; 321
1 online resource (XV, 287 pages) : 119 illustrations, 99 illustrations in color.
- Computer networks.
- Local subjects:
- Computer Communication Networks.
Information Systems and Communication Service.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book constitutes the refereed post-conference proceedings of the 4th EAI International Conference on Innovations and Interdisciplinary Solutions for Underserved Areas, InterSol 2020, held in Nairobi, Kenya, in March 2020. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the conference is postponed to a later date in 2020. The 20 papers presented were selected from 50 submissions and issue different problems in underserved and unserved areas. They face problems in almost all sectors such as energy, water, communication, climate, food, education, transportation, social development, and economic growth.
- A Matrix Model to Analyze Cascading Failure in Critical Infrastructures
Clusters Construction Mechanism for Strictly Linear Wireless Sensor Networks
On the Treewidth of Planar Minor Free Graphs
BACP+: A more efficient Beacon Analysis-based Collision Prevention Protocol
Indigenous and scientific knowledge of soil regulation services, and factors effecting decision-making in agricultural landscapes in the Terai Plains of Nepal
Enriching geolocalized dataset with POIs descriptions at large scale
Building Word Representations for Wolof Using Neural Networks
Extraction of relevant data from social media based on termino-ontological resources: Application to meningitis surveillance via Twitter
Stakeholder Relations and Ownership of a Community
Wireless Network: The Case of iNethi Variation with Depth of Physico-Chemical, Mineralogical and Physical Properties of Overburden over Gneiss Basement Complex in Minna Metropolis Nigeria
Hydroclimate analysis under 1.5 and 2◦C global warming in the Faleme River Basin
Integration of Indigenous knowledge, climate data, satellite imagery and machine learning to optimize cropping decisions by small-scale farmers. A case study of uMgungundlovu District Municipality
Vulnerability analysis in mobile banking and payment applications on Android in African countries
A multi-level smart monitoring system by combining an e-nose and image processing for early detection of FAW pest in Agriculture
Mangroves under demographic pressure and salt production threats in the Municipality of Ouidah (Benin)
Mitigating the Impacts of Environmental Pollution in Lejweleputswa District through Integration of Local and Scientific Knowledge
Environmental Protection in Nigerian Democracy: The Ogoni Clean-up in Perspective
Supervisory strategy of a PV system with storage for injection to the electrical network
Assessing the e-Readiness of Marginalised Communities for E-Government Services: A Case of Oniipa, Namibia
Consolidating the Right to Data Protection in the In-formation Age: A Comparative Appraisal of the Adoption of the OECD (Revised) Guidelines into the EU GDPR, the Ghanaian Data Protection Act 2012 and the Kenyan Data Protection Act 2019.
- Thorn, Jessica P. R. editor., Editor,
Gueye, Assane. editor., Editor,
Hejnowicz, Adam P. editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer Nature eBook
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-030-51051-0 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|