Katharina Grosse : it wasn't us / herausgegeben von Udo Kittelmann und Gabriele Knapstein ; Autorinnen und Autoren, Julia Eckert [and eight others].
- Other Title:
- It wasn't us
- Berlin : Hatje Cantz, 
191 pages : color illustrations ; 31 cm
- Grosse, Katharina, 1961- -- Exhibitions.
- Parallel texts in German and English.
- With her spectacular site paintings, created with a spray gun and intensely colorful acrylic paint, Katharina Grosse occupies a major position in contemporary art. Her large works of art are pulsating, multidimensional pictorial worlds. Whether they include the wall, the ceiling, the floor, or even objects in the space, everything becomes a support for the painting and finds itself in the grasp of a vibrating, colorful energy that disturbs our usual image of reality and opens up previously unimagined ways of seeing and perceiving. Viewers can literally walk into Grosse's paintings, which are found both indoors and outdoors and reflect upon our interaction with institutional and urban spaces alike. In early summer 2020 the artist created a new painting with sculptural elements for the historic hall of the Hamburger Bahnhof ? Museum für Gegenwart ? Berlin which radically destabilized and renegotiated the existing order of the museum space.00Katharina Grosse (*1961, Freiburg im Breisgau), one of the most profiled female painters on the international contemporary art scene, studied at the Kunstakademie Münster, as well as at the Düseldorf Academy, where she was also a professor from 2010 to 2018. Her works have been seen in renowned museums, including the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston (2019), the National Gallery in Prague (2018), the chi K11 art museum in Shanghai (2018), and MoMA PS1 in New York (2016), and at several biennials and triennials, including Aarhus (2017), Venice (2015), and Curitiba (2013). Exhibition: Hamburger Bahnhof - Museum fü Gegenwart, Berlin, Germany (14.06.2020 - 01.01.2021).
- Catalog of an exhibition held at the Hamburger Bahnhof, Museum für Gegenwart--Berlin, June 14, 2020-January 1, 2021.
Includes bibliographical references (page 187).
- Local notes:
- Catalog of an exhibition held at the Hamburger Bahnhof - Museum für Gegenwart - Berlin, June 14, 2020 - January 10, 2021.
- Kittelmann, Udo, editor.
Knapstein, Gabriele, editor.
Eckert, Julia M., writer of added commentary.
Nationalgalerie im Hamburger Bahnhof, Museum für Gegenwart--Berlin, host institution.
- Grosse, Katharina, 1961- Paintings. Selections.
Katharina Grosse. English.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|