Vespers for a new dark age / Missy Mazzoli.
- Standardized Title:
- Vocal music. Selections
- [Brooklyn, New York] : New Amsterdam, 
- Naxos Music Library.
- Sound recording
1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Vespers (Music).
Vocal trios with instrumental ensemble.
Songs with instrumental ensemble.
Zapruder, Matthew, 1967 -- -Musical settings.
Crane, Stephen, 1871-1900 -- Musical settings.
- Streaming audio.
- Sung in English.
- System Details:
- It was commissioned by Carnegie Hall for the 2014 Ecstatic Music Festival, and first performed at Carnegie's Zankel Hall on February 22, 2014.The work is a distorted, wild, blasphemous take on the traditional Vespers prayer service, in which fragments of poems by Matthew Zapruder replace the customary sacred text.
- Vespers for a new dark age / Missy Mazzoli ; text compiled from poems by Matthew Zapruder
A thousand tongues : Lorna Dune remix / Missy Mazzoli ; text by Stephen Crane.
- Victoire (Martha Cluver, Mellissa Hughes, soprano ; Olivia De Prato, violin ; Virginia Warnken Kelsey, alto ; "Lorna Dune" Krier, Missy Mazzoli, keyboards, electronics ; Eileen Mack, clarinet ; Eleonore Oppenheim, double bass) ; Glenn Kotche, percussion (1st work); Deidre Muro, voice (2nd work).
- The 1st work for 2 sopranos, alto, violin, 2 keyboards, clarinet, double bass, percussion, and electronics; the 2nd work a remix by Lorna Dune of Missy Mazzoli's A thousand tongues.
The 1st work reimagines the traditional vespers prayer service and replaces the customary sacred verses with poems by Matthew Zapruder that contend with themes like technology, God and more.
2nd work recorded Soft Landing Studio You Too Can Woo.
Hard copy version record.
- Zapruder, Matthew, 1967- author.
Crane, Stephen, 1871-1900, author.
Kotche, Glenn, instrumentalist.
Dune, Lorna, arranger of music.
Victoire (Musical group), performer.
- Container of: Mazzoli, Missy. Vespers for a new dark age.
Container of: Mazzoli, Missy. Thousand tongues; arranged.
- Other format:
- Source record: Mazzoli, Missy, composer, instrumentalist. Vocal music. Selections. Vespers for a new dark age
- Publisher Number:
NWAM062 New Amsterdam
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|