Building Cisco Remote Access Networks [electronic resource].
- 1st edition
- Burlington : Elsevier Science, 2000.
1 online resource (609 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (Firm). (search)
Computer networks. (search)
Computer networks -- Access control. (search)
Computer networks -- Design and construction. (search)
Computer networks -- Remote access. (search)
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- An increasing number of companies are designing and implementing Remote Access Networks, which allow users who are not physically connected to a Wide Area Network (WAN) or Local Area Network (LAN) to access the network's servers, applications and databases or to participate in video conferencing and conference calls. The ability for a remote user to function as if they were in the next office dramatically improves overall efficiency while reducing total cost of ownership. Cisco Systems, the world's largest internetworking vendor, is the pioneer of the enabling technologies for Remote Access Ne
- 192899413x.pdf; 192899413x.pdf; Cover; Table of Contents; Foreword; Chapter 1: Introduction to BCRAN and Cisco Remote Access Solutions; Chapter 2: Configuring Asynchronous Remote Access Connections; Chapter 3: Using PPP to Provide Remote Network Access; Chapter 4: Utilizing Virtual Private Network (VPN) Technology for Remote Access Connectivity; Chapter 5: Using ISDN and DDR to Enhance Remote Access Connectivity; Chapter 6: Enabling Dial-on-Demand Routing (DDR); Chapter 7: Configuring and Backing Up Permanent Connections; Chapter 8: Securing your Remote Access Network
Chapter 9: Optimizing Network Performance with Queuing and CompressionChapter 10: Requirements for Network Address Translation in Remote Access Networks; Chapter 11: Private Addressing and Subnetting Large Networks; Appendix: Implementing the Windows 2000 Servers; Index; Related Titles
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Edwards, Mark Contributor
Lawson, Wayne Contributor
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|