Optical Whispering Gallery Modes for Biosensing [electronic resource] : From Physical Principles to Applications / by Frank Vollmer, Deshui Yu.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- Physics and Astronomy (SpringerNature-11651)
Biological and medical physics, biomedical engineering 1618-7210
Biological and Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering, 1618-7210
1 online resource (XIII, 417 pages) : 142 illustrations
- Local subjects:
- Biological and Medical Physics, Biophysics. (search)
Materials Science, general. (search)
Biomedical Engineering and Bioengineering. (search)
Medicinal Chemistry. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This interdisciplinary book covers the fundamentals of optical whispering gallery mode (WGM) microcavities, light-matter interaction, and biomolecular structure with a focus on applications in biosensing. Novel biosensors based on the hybridization of WGM microcavities and localized surface plasmon resonances (LSPRs) in metal nanoparticles have emerged as the most sensitive microsystem biodetection technology that boasts single molecule detection capability without the need for amplification and labeling of the analyte. The book provides an ample survey of the physical mechanisms of WGMs and LSPRs for detecting affinity, concentration, size, shape and orientation of biomarkers, while informing the reader about different classes of biomolecules, their optical properties and their importance in label-free clinical diagnostics. For the more advanced reader, advanced applications of WGMs and LSPRs in exploring the fundamental nature of quantum physics are discussed. .
- From the Contents: Introduction: Need for label-free chip-scale clinical diagnostics and nanoparticle analyzers
Fundamentals of photonics (light, wave, polarization, interference)
Fundamental optical properties of biomolecules
Light matter interaction with biomolecules (Lorentz- model, drude-model, light at a sensor interface, reflection, transmission, evanescent field)
Physics of optical micro-resonators (fabry perot, microsphere, resonance, photonic atom model, photonic crystals, ring resonator, bottleneck resonator, microtube resonator, capillary resonator).
- Yu, Deshui. author., Author,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer Nature eBook
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-030-60235-2 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|