Mental health and wellbeing in rural regions : international perspectives / edited by Sarah-Anne Munoz and Steve F. Bain.
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2021.
- Routledge advances in regional economics, science and policy
Routledge advances in regional economics, science and policy
1 online resource (xiv, 178 pages) : illustrations.
- Rural population -- Mental health -- Cross-cultural studies.
Rural mental health services -- Cross-cultural studies.
- Medical subjects:
- Rural Health.
Rural Health Services.
Mental Health Services.
- Sarah-Anne Munoz is Reader and Acting Head of Department in Rural Health and Wellbeing at the University of the Highlands and Islands, UK. Steve F. Bain is Professor and Interim Dean of the College of Education and Human Performance at Texas A&M University-Kingsville, USA.
- Introduction / By Steve F. Bain and Sarah-Anne Munoz
Chapter One: Adversity and Resilience
Rural Mental Health in Australia / By Hazel Dalton and David Perkins
Chapter Two: Mental Health and Wellbeing among Migrants in Rural Areas of the Global North: Evidence from the Literature / By Johanne Jean-Pierre and Linamar Campos-Flores
Chapter Three: Muddying the Therapeutic Geographies of Mental Healthcare: Carescapes of Psychiatric Transition in the Scottish Highlands / By Christopher Philo and Hester Parr
Chapter Four: Care Farming, Therapeutic Landscapes and Rurality in the UK / By Richard Gorman
Chapter Five: Non-Clinical Wellbeing Interventions in Rural Regions / By Sarah Morton and Sara Bradley
Chapter Six: Delivering Effective Treatment in Rural Regions / By James Ikonomopoulos, Ya-Wen Melissa Liang, Karen Furgerson and Kristopher Garza
Chapter Seven: Wildlife
Exploring the Potential of an Innovative Digital Narrative Approach to Improve Mental Health Interventions for Adolescents in Indigenous Rural Populations of Low-Middle Income Countries / By Mark Grindle and Johannes H. De Kock
Chapter Eight: Rurality
Social Forces, Stress and Mental Health / By Robert Villa and Eva Moya
Chapter Nine: Rural Mental Health and Global Ethical Perspectives / By Steve F. Bain and Sarah-Anne Munoz
Chapter Ten: Towards a Research Agenda for Global Rural Mental Health / By Sarah-Anne Munoz and Steve F. Bain.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. London Available via World Wide Web.
Description based on online resource; title from digital title page (viewed on October 12, 2020).
- Muñoz, Sarah-Anne, editor.
Bain, Steve F., editor.
Taylor & Francis eBooks
- Other format:
- Print version: Mental health and wellbeing in rural regions
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|