The defender : the battle to protect the rights of the accused in Philadelphia / Edward W. Madeira Jr. and Michael D. Schaffer.
- Philadelphia : Temple University Press, 2020.
1 online resource (x, 241 pages)
- Defender Association of Philadelphia -- History.
Public defenders -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- History.
Legal assistance to the poor -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- History.
- "There is need of a defender"
The early years
The road to Gideon
Reorganized and relevant
Tony's fellows take charge
Bigger, then better
Racial diversity at the Defender
Funding the Defender pay parity
Taking stock at a milestone
Greenlee steps up
The Defender takes on homicide
Keeping them out of jail
Juvenile defenders and child advocates
The Federal Defender
The Defender in the 21st Century
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, MI Available via World Wide Web.
Description based on online resource; title from digital title page (viewed on October 20, 2020).
- Schaffer, Michael D., 1947- author.
ProQuest ebook central
- Other format:
- Print version: Madeira, Edward W., Jr., 1928- The Defender
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|