Human Rights and Democracy Dimensions of Land Reform in South Africa / Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Paris : OECD Publishing, 2008.
- Government document
1 online resource (80 pages)
- Local subjects:
- South Africa. (search)
- System Details:
- data file
- Metagora's pilot experience on land reform in South Africa is a case study for measuring the realisation of democracy and human rights in a complex practical context. This pilot designed and tested a survey methodology to take into account the varied nature of the South African land question, as well as the relevant but diverging views of a range of stakeholders. It addressed the particular needs of policy makers and civil society for evidence-based information on citizens' differing experiences, perceptions, attitudes and aspirations around land.The likely policy impact of this approach was to contribute with evidence-based information and analysis to the development of a land reform policy based on principles, standards and people's expectations of democracy, realisation of human rights and good governance.
- Title from title screen (viewed May 1, 2017).
- SourceOECD (Online service)
- Contained In:
- OECD Journal on Development Vol. 9, no. 2, p. 83-93
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|