Holistic mobile game development with Unity : an all-in-one guide to implementing mechanics, art design, and programming for iOS and Android mobile games / Penny de Byl.
- 1st edition
- New York : Focal Press, 2015.
1 online resource (574 p.)
- Unity (Electronic resource).
Computer games -- Programming.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- "Master mobile game design and development by simultaneously learning about the principles of art, design and code in this all-in-one guide to creating iOS and Android games in the cutting-edge game engine Unity. You'll gain multidisciplinary skills needed to succeed in the independent mobile games industry using Penny de Byl's holistic method and be up and running through hands-on exercises that will take you all the way from design to publishing in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. - Over 70 practical step-by-step exercises recreating the game mechanics of contemporary mobile games including Angry Birds, Temple Run, Year Walk, Minecraft, Curiosity Cube, Fruit Ninja and more. - Design principles, art and programming in unison - the one-stop shop for indie developers requiring interdisciplinary skills in their small teams. - An introduction to essential two- and three-dimensional mathematics, geometry and physics concepts. - A portfolio of royalty free reusable game mechanics and assets. - Accompanying website, www.holistic3d.com, features project source code, instructional videos, art assets, author blog, and teaching resources. Challenge questions and lesson plans available online for an enhanced learning experience"-- Provided by publisher.
- Cover; Title; Copyright; Contents; Preface; Chapter 1: Mobile Game Design and Development; Chapter 2: Procedural Literacy; Chapter 3: Mobile Game Interfaces; Chapter 4: Aesthetics and Visual Literacy; Chapter 5: Learning from the Masters: Part One; Chapter 6: Learning from the Masters: Part Two; Chapter 7: Multiplayer Experiences; Chapter 8: Publishing, Players, and Promotion; Index
- Includes index.
Description based on print version record.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4324/9780203773727 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|