Marceline : a woman, a century / Elda productions in co-production with AVROTROS ; a film by Cordelia Dvorák ; produced by Christilla Huillard-Kann and Corinne Delpech.
- New York, NY : Women Make Movies, 
1 videodisc (76 min.) : sound, color with black and white sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Loridan-Ivens, Marceline, 1928-2018.
Motion picture producers and directors -- France -- Biography.
Authors, French -- Biography.
Holocaust survivors -- France -- Biography.
Motion picture producers and directors.
- Biographical films.
- In French with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, NTSC.
- "[The film] is a fascinating portrait of the persevering French filmmaker, writer, and Holocaust survivor Marceline Loridan-Ivens (1928-2018). Marceline was only 15 when both she and her father, a Polish Jew from Lódź, were deported to Auschwitz-Birkenau. She survived but her father didn't, and Marceline had to find radical and unconventional ways to heal after the tragedies of the war. In 1961, she appeared in Jean Rouch and Edgar Morin's landmark film Chronicle of a Summer, which gave birth to the term cinema verité. Later she married the legendary Dutch documentary director Joris Ivens, traveled with him to Vietnam, and co-directed films such as 17th Parallel: Vietnam in War (1968) and How Yukong Moved the Mountains (1976). Filmed as she was nearing 90 years old and living in Paris, [the film] spans the broad arc of her life from Holocaust survivor to political activist to combatively critical filmmaker. Looking back on the momentous events she experienced and filmed such as the Algerian and Vietnam Wars and the Chinese Cultural Revolution, [this film] is a thought-provoking chronicle of a remarkable witness of the 20th century."--Publisher's website.
- Marceline Loridan-Ivens.
- This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
Originally produced as a motion picture in 2019.
- Dvořák, Cordelia, film director.
Huillard-Kann, Christilla, film producer.
Delpech, Corrine, film producer.
Loridan-Ivens, Marceline, 1928-2018, on-screen participant.
Elda productions, production company.
AVROTROS, production company.
Women Make Movies (Firm), publisher.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|