Boris Lurie in Habana : Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes, October 6 - November 19, 2017 / curated by Joan Guaita.
- [New York?] : Boris Lurie Art Foundation, 2017.
175 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 31 cm
- Lurie, Boris. artist.
Art, Modern -- 21st century.
- Text in Spanish and English.
- "A wide ranging survey show of the work of the Russian-born Jewish artist Boris Lurie. Survivor of the Holocaust and founder of the NO!art group, Boris Lurie refused to abide by the dictates of art movements that were part of a social system he believed to be corrup. He declared that he learned from the truth, his only mster, and did not wish to partake in the proposals of a social model he considered suprious and to which he responded with a categorical NO. His philosophy and attitude were predicated on his devastating experience in Nazi extermination camps and the realization that there will always be a world of oppressors and oppressed. In the words of the philosopher Francisco Jarautai, "Nobodey has expressed the tension between memory and image as radically as Laurie." The intention of this exhibition, made possible thanks to the collaboration between the Boris Lurie Art Foundation and the National Museum of Fine Arts of Havana, is to disseminate the artist's creative agenda and to stimulate reflection in all those who decide to engage with the vast "Lurie Universe.""--Publisher's website.
- 1st Edition of 2000: 1000 in hardback with DVD documentary "The Art of Boris Lurie" directed by Rudij Bergmann, and 1000 in paperback.
"This catalog was published to coincide with the exhibition "Boris Lurie in Habana," a project organized by the Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes, Havana and the Boris Lurie Art Foundation, New York.
- Boris Lurie Art Foundation.
Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes (Cuba)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|