Transmitted wounds : media and the mediation of trauma / Amit Pinchevski. [electronic resource]
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2020.
- Oxford scholarship online.
Oxford scholarship online
1 online resource (201 pages)
- Collective memory -- Psychological aspects.
Psychic trauma -- Social aspects.
Mass media and history.
- 'Transmitted Wounds' explores the ways media technology shapes the the social life of trauma both clinically and culturally. Through a series of case studies - from the radiocasts of the Eichmann trial to virtual reality therapy for PTSD - Pinchevski offers a bold thesis about the deep association of media and trauma: media bears witness to the human failure to bear witness, making the traumatic technologically transmissible and reproducible.
- Introduction: the mediation of failed mediation
Videography and testimony
The digital future of traumatic past: virtual testimony
The digital future of traumatic past: virtual therapy
Conclusion: wounding transmissions.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
Previously issued in print: 2019.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|