The text of Leviticus : proceedings of the third international colloquium of the Dominique Barthélemy Institute, held in Fribourg (October 2015) / edited by Innocent Himbaza.
- Leuven : Peeters, 2020.
- Orbis biblicus et orientalis ; 292.
Publications of the Dominique Barthélemy Institute ; 3.
Orbis biblicus et orientalis, 1015-1850 ; 292
Publications of the Dominique Barthélemy Institute ; 3
xi, 278 pages ; 25 cm
- Bible. Leviticus -- Criticism, Textual -- Congresses.
Bible. Leviticus -- Criticism, interpretation, etc. -- Congresses.
- Conference papers and proceedings.
Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- 8 English, 4 French contributions.
- "The book of Leviticus is by far the most quoted in rabbinic literature such as the Mishna or the Talmud, while it has been marginalized in the Christian tradition. Nevertheless, scholars of both traditions have again become highly interested in it for some decades now. As shown by many recent publications, the book is thoroughly studied for textual, literary, historical and reception aspects. It has often been said and written that the text of Leviticus is stable in comparison to many other books of the Hebrew Bible, and that its Greek translation is quite literal. Yet, the text of Leviticus continues to raise questions, not only regarding its content and textual witnesses, but also its interpretation, history and reception. The third international colloquium of the Dominique Barthélemy Institute, held in Fribourg in October 2015, aimed to bring together some specialists of the text of Leviticus in order to advance research on its textual witnesses and the aforementioned topics. The articles collected in this book reflect the width of current research. They deal with the witnesses to the text of Leviticus in the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Masoretic Text, the Samaritan Pentateuch and the Septuagint. They also study the book's Hebrew editing; its relation to other books such as Joshua, Luke-Acts and Flavius Josephus; and the challenge of its translation, with a case study in French." -- Publisher, page four of cover.
- Introduction. Where does the text of Leviticus stand? / Innocent Himbaza
Textual harmonization in Leviticus / Emanuel Tov
Unclean birds in the Hebrew and Greek versions of Leviticus and Deuteronomy / Anna Angelini, Christophe Nihan
La bénédiction d'Aaron en Lévitique 9,22 et le pentateuque samaritain / Innocent Himbaza
Le Lévitique dans le pentateuque samaritain : étude comparée des manuscrits 6 (C) de Sichem, CBL 751 (Dublin) et BCU L2057 (Fribourg) / Mary-Gabrielle Roth-Mouthon
The edited Septuagint of Leviticus is not the Septuagint : a plea for a paradigm shift / Innocent Himbaza
The nature of the Septuagint version of the book of Leviticus / Moshe A. Zipor
Entre variantes et interprétations : corruption textuelle ou exégèse dans le texte de la Septante du Lévitique? / Giorgio Paximadi
Orthographical, grammatical and lexical peculiarities in the Hebrew texts of Leviticus : considerations about Hebrew Bible editing in the light of the linguistic development of Hebrew / Viktor Golinets
Leviticus 19:2 and Joshua 24:19 : an example of literary allusion? / Esias E. Meyer
The text form of the Leviticus quotations in the synoptic Gospels and the Acts of the apostles / Gert J. Steyn
The book of Leviticus in Josephus' writings / Michael Avioz
Quelques problèmes de traduction dans le chapitre 11 du Lévitique / René Péter-Contesse.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Himbaza, Innocent, 1965- editor, author.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|