Rapid ethnographic assessments : a practical approach and toolkit for collaborative community research / Thurka Sangaramoorthy and Karen A. Kroeger.
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2020.
1 online resource (xx, 178 pages) : illustrations, maps
- Ethnology -- Research -- Methodology.
Social problems -- Research -- Citizen participation.
- Thurka Sangaramoorthy is a cultural and medical anthropologist and public health researcher with 22 years of expertise in conducting applied ethnographic research, including rapid assessments, among vulnerable populations in the United States, Africa, and Latin America/Caribbean. Her expertise includes global health and migration, HIV/STD, health systems, and environmental risk. Karen A. Kroeger is a cultural and medical anthropologist who has conducted ethnographic research, assessment, and evaluation among populations vulnerable to sexually transmitted diseases and HIV in the United States and abroad since 1994. She is a former Research Anthropologist at the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Overview of rapid ethnographic assessment
Key considerations in planning for a rapid ethnographic assessment
Rapid ethnographic assessment design and methods
Report writing and follow up
Appendices. Glossary of terms ; Sample REA concept proposal ; Sample project planning tool ; Sample REA budget template ; Sample REA team position descriptions ; Sample statement of work ; Interview guide template ; Interview note taking guide ; Sample REA training agenda ; Sample training budget template ; Sample REA report template ; Rapid ethnographic assessment resources.
- "Please see the website of author Thurka Sangaramoorthy for extra resources and material related to this book, at thurkasangaramoorthy.com. Click on the book's cover and be sure to check back for updated content"--Titel details web page (viewed July 21, 2020).
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. London Available via World Wide Web.
Online resource; title from digital title page (ProQuest Ebook Central, viewed July 21, 2020).
- Kroeger, Karen A., author.
Taylor & Francis eBooks
- Other format:
- Print version: Sangaramoorthy, Thurka, 1975- Rapid ethnographic assessments.
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|