Insect endocrinology [electronic resource] / edited by Lawrence I. Gilbert.
- 1st ed.
- London : Academic Press, 2012.
1 online resource (2055 p.)
- Insects -- Endocrinology.
- Electronic books.
- The publication of the extensive seven-volume work Comprehensive Molecular Insect Science provided a complete reference encompassing important developments and achievements in modern insect science. One of the most swiftly moving areas in entomological and comparative research is endocrinology, and this volume, Insect Endocrinology, is designed for those who desire a comprehensive yet concise work on important aspects of this topic. Because this area has moved quickly since the original publication, articles in this new volume are revised, highlighting developments in the rela
- Cover; Title Page; Copyright; Table of Contents; Preface; Contributors; Prothoracicotropic Hormone; Insulin-Like Peptides: Structure, Signaling, and Function; Bursicon, a Neuropeptide Hormone that Controls Cuticle Tanning and Wing Expansion; Ecdysteroid Chemistry and Biochemistry; The Ecdysteroid Receptor; Evolution of Nuclear Receptors in Insects; Neuroendocrine Regulation of Ecdysis; The Juvenile Hormones; Hormones Controlling Homeostasis in Insects; Hormonal Control of Diapause; Endocrine Control of Insect Polyphenism; Pheromone Production: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Gilbert, Lawrence I.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|