Children of the Raven and the Whale Visions and Revisions in American Literature / Caroline Chamberlin Hellman.
- Charlottesville : University of Virginia Press, 2019.
- Baltimore, Md. : Project MUSE, 2020
1 online resource (194 pages)
- National characteristics, American, in literature.
American fiction -- Minority authors -- History and criticism.
Cultural pluralism in literature.
Influence (Literary, artistic, etc.)
American fiction -- 21st century -- History and criticism.
American fiction -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
- Electronic books.
- "This book examines ways in which contemporary ethnic American writers reimagine and revise nineteenth- and early twentieth-century texts central to the American literary canon"-- Provided by publisher.
"A Walker in the City": Chang-rae Lee's Native Speaker, Jonathan Lethem's Motherless Brooklyn, and Walt Whitman's Cartographic Legacy
Literary Custom House: Nathaniel Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter and Jhumpa Lahiri's Unaccustomed Earth
Short Happy Palimpsest: Ernest Hemingway's "The Short Happy Life of Francis Macomber" and Junot Díaz's The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
New York Unearthed: Excavating Washington Irving, Walt Whitman, and F. Scott Fitzgerald in Colum McCann's Let the Great World Spin and Joseph O'Neill's Netherland
Black Boys and White Whales: Ta-Nehisi Coates's Conversations with Herman Melville, Richard Wright, and James Baldwin
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|