Advances in delay-tolerant networks (dtns) : architecture and enhanced performance / J. J. P. C. Rodrigues.
- Cambridge, England : Elsevier : Woodhead Publishing, 2015.
- Woodhead Publishing series in electronic and optical materials ; Number 67.
Woodhead Publishing Series in Electronic and Optical Materials ; Number 67
1 online resource (301 p.)
- Computer networks.
Computer networks -- Reliability.
- Electronic books.
- Part one looks at delay-tolerant network architectures and platforms including DTN for satellite communications and deep-space communications, underwater networks, networks in developing countries, vehicular networks and emergency communications. Part two covers delay-tolerant network routing, including issues such as congestion control, naming, addressing and interoperability. Part three explores services and applications in delay-tolerant networks, such as web browsing, social networking and data streaming. Part four discusses enhancing the performance, reliability, privacy and security of d
- Cover; Advances in Delay tolerant Networks (DTNs): Architecture and Enhanced Performance; Copyright; Contents; List of contributors; Woodhead Publishing Series in Electronic and Optical Materials; Preface; 1 An introduction to delay and disruption tolerant networks (DTNs); 1.1 Introduction; 1.2 Delay-tolerant network architecture; 1.3 DTN application scenarios; 1.4 DTN routing protocols; 1.5 Conclusion; Acknowledgements; References; Part One Types of delay-tolerant networks (DTNs); 2 Delay-tolerant networks (DTNs) for satellite communications; 2.1 Introduction; 2.2 DTN architecture
2.3 Geosynchronous (GEO) constellations2.4 Low earth orbit (LEO) constellations; 2.5 Conclusion; Acknowledgements; References; 3 Delay-tolerant networks (DTNs) for deep-space communications; 3.1 Introduction; 3.2 Data communications in deep space; 3.3 Networking requirements for deep-space data; 3.4 Implementing a deep-space DTN solution; 3.5 Summary; References; 4 Vehicular delay-tolerant networks (VDTNs); 4.1 Introduction; 4.2 Vehicular network applications; 4.3 Vehicular communications; 4.4 Vehicular delay-tolerant networks; 4.5 Conclusion; Acknowledgments; References
5 Delay-tolerant networks (DTNs) for underwater communications5.1 Introduction; 5.2 Related work; 5.3 A contemporary view of underwater delay-tolerant networks; 5.4 Future trends; 5.5 Conclusion; References; 6 Delay-tolerant networks (DTNs) for emergency communications; 6.1 Introduction; 6.2 Overview of proposed DTN solutions; 6.3 Mobility models for emergency DTNs; 6.4 DistressNet; 6.5 Routing protocols for emergency DTNs; 6.6 Minimizing energy consumption in emergency DTNs; 6.7 Conclusions and future trends; References; Part Two Improving the performance of delay-tolerant networks (DTNs)
7 Assessing the Bundle Protocol (BP) and alternative approaches to data bundling in delay-tolerant networks (DTNs)7.1 Introduction; 7.2 DTN architecture and Bundle Protocol implementation profiles; 7.3 Alternative approaches; 7.4 Future trends; 7.5 Sources of further information and advice; References; 8 Opportunistic routing in mobile ad hoc delay-tolerant networks (DTNs); 8.1 Introduction; 8.2 Challenges; 8.3 Overview of multiple existing opportunistic routing protocols in mobile ad hoc networks; 8.4 Combining on-demand opportunistic routing protocols
8.5 Open research topics and future trends8.6 Sources of further information and advice; References; 9 Reliable data streaming over delay-tolerant networks (DTNs); 9.1 Introduction; 9.2 Challenges for streaming support in DTNs; 9.3 Using on-the-fly coding to enable robust DTN streaming; 9.4 Evaluation of existing streaming proposals over a DTN network; 9.5 Implementation discussion; 9.6 Conclusion; References; 10 Rapid selection and dissemination of urgent messages over delay-tolerant networks (DTNs); 10.1 Introduction; 10.2 One-to-many communication in resource-constrained environments
10.3 Random Walk Gossip (RWG)
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|