NMR metabolomics in cancer research / Miroslava Čuperlović-Culf.
- Oxford ; Philadelphia : Woodhead Publishing, 2013.
- Woodhead Publishing series in biomedicine ; no. 63.
Woodhead publishing series in biomedicine, 2050-0289 ; number 63
1 online resource (446 p.)
- Cancer -- Research.
Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy.
- Electronic books.
- The application of nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) metabolomics in cancer research requires an understanding of the many possibilities that NMR metabolomics can offer, as well as of the specific characteristics of the cancer metabolic phenotype and the open questions in cancer research. NMR metabolomics in cancer research presents a detailed account of the NMR spectroscopy methods applied to metabolomics mixture analysis along with a discussion of their advantages and disadvantages. Following an overview of the potential use of NMR metabolomics in cancer research, the book begins with an exam
- Cover; NMR metabolomics incancer research; Copyright; Contents; List of figures; List of tables; Abbreviations; About the author; 1 Introduction; 1.1 Possibilities of NMR metabolomics in cancer research; 1.2 References; 2 Biology - cancer metabolic phenotype; 2.1 Cancer metabolic phenotype; 2.2 Drugs aimed at cancer metabolic phenotype; 2.3 References; 3 Experimental methodology; 3.1 Fundamentals of NMR spectroscopy; 3.2 1D NMR in mixture analysis; 3.3 Multidimensional NMR in metabolomics; 3.4 Arrayed NMR experiments; 3.5 Isotope labeling for NMR analysis
3.6 Diagnostic magnetic resonance tools based on cancer metabolic phenotype and cancer-induced metabolic changes3.7 References; 4 Metabolomics NMR data preprocessing - analysis of individual spectrum; 4.1 NMR spectrum preprocessing; 4.2 Qualitative metabolomics; 4.3 STOCSY; 4.4 Quantitative metabolomics; 4.5 Novel metabolite structure analysis; 4.6 References; 5 Metabolomics data analysis - processing and analysis of a dataset; 5.1 Normalization and scaling; 5.2 Biases and confounders in metabolomics; 5.3 Data analysis; 5.4 Data integration - polyomics analysis; 5.5 References
6 Dynamic metabolic profiling and metabolite network and pathways modeling6.1 Dynamic metabolic data analysis; 6.2 Computational models of metabolic networks; 6.3 References; 7 Biomarker discovery; 7.1 Feature (biomarkers) selection; 7.2 Validation of results in supervised analysis; 7.3 References; 8 NMR metabolomics application by cancer type; 8.1 Breast cancer; 8.2 Brain cancers; 8.3 Lung cancer metabolomics analysis and results; 8.4 Metabolomics analysis of biofluids in cancer research; 8.5 References; 9 Perspectives; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|