Contemporary issues in applied and professional ethics / edited by Marco Grix, Tim Dare.
- First edition.
- Bingley, England : Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2016.
- Research in ethical issues in organizations ; Volume 15.
Research in Ethical Issues in Organizations ; Volume 15
1 online resource (208 p.)
- Applied ethics -- Study and teaching.
- Electronic books.
- The latest volume of Research in Ethical Issues in Organizations addresses a range of contemporary issues in applied and professional ethics. It is ideally suited to researchers, postgraduates and professionals whose interests include such key issues as tax avoidance, global justice, information sharing and corporate privacy.
- Front Cover; Contemporary Issues in Applied and Professional Ethics; Copyright Page; Contents; List of Contributors; Editorial Board; Introduction; Supply and Demand in the Development of Professional Ethics; Introduction and Assumptions; The Professional Ethic; Demanders; Individual Service-Providers; Individual Clients and Prospective Clients; Wider Community/Third Parties; Supply Factors; A Byword: Self-Interest as Norm Motivation; Desirable Role-Identity; Excellence; Common Morality; Covenants, Fairness and Tacit Contracts; Constructed Virtues; True Glory; Supply and Demand Interaction
Supply-Side Factors May Not Match Demanders' WantsSupply Can Create Demand; The Dangers of In-Group Ethical Constructions; Blockers/Spoilers; Conclusion; Notes; References; How Should the Concept of a Profession Be Understood, and Is the Notion of a Practice Helpful in Understanding It?; Introduction; Practice as a Regularity or Normative Activity; Institutions; Serving the Public Good; Act and Activity; Professional Virtues and Professionalism; Social Contracts; References; Transformation: An Examination of the Virtuous Character from the Perspective of Process Philosophy; Introduction
The Making of Process PhilosophyThe Grounding of Process Virtue Ethics; Process Philosophy and Ethics; Analysis and Application; Notes; References; Model Litigant Guidelines - Current and Emerging Issues; Introduction; Background and Context; The Term 'Model Litigant'; Adoption in Other Australian Jurisdictions; Usage; Why Have Model Litigant Guidelines?; The Rationale for Expecting Governments to Be Model Litigants; The Rationale(s) in the Context of Other Considerations; The Issue of Enforcement; The Wording of the Model Litigant Guidelines; Technical Defences, Points and Arguments
A Requirement to Act FairlyThe Meaning of 'Acting Fairly'; Going beyond the Law and Ethics; Are Guidelines Still Needed?; Conclusion; Notes; References Articles; Australian Commonwealth and State Model Litigant Rules, Polices, et cetera; Cases; Local Action, Global Shame; Introduction; Expanding our Social Circles; Early Online Activism; Current Online Activism; Hard(er) Examples; Issues Arising; Proportionality; Reach; Private/Public; Etiquette versus Morality; Conclusions; Notes; References; Posthumous Donation and Consent; Introduction
Posthumous Donation: Explicit, Implied and Presumed ConsentAn Argument for Presumed Consent in the Case of PSP; Deconstructing the Argument; Where to Next?; Notes; Acknowledgements; References; Altruism and Generosity in Surrogate Motherhood; Introduction; The Problems with Altruism; Altruism and Gift-Giving; Generosity; Gift Surrogacy and Exploitation; Generosity and Payment; Conclusion; Notes; References; Contemporary Issues in the Professionalisation of Child Care in Australia; Introduction; Child Care as a Profession; Professional Knowledge; Community Standing of Role
Role Specific Norms and Peer Group Regulation
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed September 3, 2016).
- Grix, Marco, editor.
Dare, Tim, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|