Accountability and social responsibility : international perspectives / edited by David Crowther, Linne Marie Lauesen.
- Bingley, England : Emerald, 2016.
- Developments in corporate governance and responsibility ; Volume 9.
Developments in Corporate Governance and Responsibility ; Volume 9
1 online resource (268 p.)
- Social responsibility of business.
- Electronic books.
- This book investigates how organizational governance is formed around socially responsible and accountable ways of leadership and management. It provides new insights into various issues regarding business management and governance, and points to ways for businesses to make a real change for the betterment of the world.
- Front Cover; Accountability and Social Responsibility: International Perspectives; Copyright Page; Contents; List of Contributors; Introduction: Sustainability and Social Responsibility; Notes; References; Part I: Issues of Governance; Organisational Governance and Strategic CSR to Strengthen Local Supply Chains - Navigating the Maze; Introduction; Governance Structures in Businesses; Sustainable Supply Chain Management and CSR; Strengthening Local Supply Chains through Strategic CSR; Governance, Supply Chain Management and CSR in Developing Countries
Local Businesses in Supply Chains of MNEs - CSR 4.0Agriculture; Cassava Production; Sorghum Cultivation in Uganda; Mining; Diamond Mining in Botswana; Diamond Mining in Namibia; Iron Ore Mining in Guinea; Promoting Stronger Supply Chains for Strengthened Organisational Governance; Notes; References; The Governance of Sustainable Development; Introduction; Sustainability in the Present; The Brundtland Report; Global Warming; Resource Depletion; Sustainability and Sustainable Development; Renewable Energy; Energy Efficiency; Critiquing Sustainability
Reacting to Sustainability: Energy EfficiencyStandardisation and Manufacturing; Conclusions; Notes; References; The Role of the (Governance of the) Arts in Cultural Sustainability: A Case Study of Music; Introduction; Cultural Sustainability and the Role of the (Governance of the) Arts; The Role of the (Governance of the) Arts in Cultural Sustainability; Music: An Example of How the Role of (the Governance of the) Art Is Perceived and Its Relation to Cultural Sustainability; Summing Up; Critical Assessment; Conclusion: Suggestions and Recommendations; Notes; References
Organisational Governance and Accountability: Do We Have Anything to Learn from Studying African Traditional Societies?Introduction; Reasons for Comparing African Traditional with Western Systems; Increase in Knowledge; Problems with Knowledge Produced by Social Anthropologists; Problems with Knowledge Produced Regarding Western Organisational Systems; African Traditional Systems as an Exemplar for Western Organisational Systems; African Traditional Systems as an Exemplar for Contemporary African Societies
Difficulties in Pursuing Comparisons between African Traditional Systems and Western Organisational SystemsValidity in Comparisons between African Traditional Systems and Organisational Systems in the West; Reliability of Western Scholarship about African Traditional Societies; Difficulties of Comparing Different Societies: Context and History; Scholarship Required; Current Knowledge of Traditional African Societies; Ways Forward: Comparisons regarding Accountability; Western Systems; African Traditional Systems; Ways Forward: Comparisons regarding African and English Systems of Justice
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references at the end of each chapters.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed September 1, 2016).
- Crowther, David, editor.
Lauesen, Linne Marie, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|