Liberation or catastrophe? : reflections on the history of the twentieth century / Michael Howard.
- London, [England] ; New York, [New York] : Continuum, 2007.
1 online resource (222 p.)
- History, Modern -- 20th century.
- Electronic books.
- After a brief discussion about the meaning of 'modern' history, Michael Howard presents a fascinating analysis of the history of the 20th Century- laying much emphasis on the USA, where the author has spent much time as a Professor at Yale. It was Michael Howard who brought the study of military history into the mainstream of historical research and his readers will expect this as an emphasis in his analysis. They will expect less about suffragettes, human rights and the role of women. Howard`s concern is substantially with the role of the military in the developing story of the twentieth ce
- Contents; Foreword; I: Introductory; II: The German Wars; III: The Cold War; IV: Europe after the Cold War; V: The 'War against Terror'; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|