Self and wisdom in arts-based contemplative inquiry in education : narrative, aesthetic and the dialogical presence of Thomas Merton / Giovanni Rossini.
- New York, NY : Routledge, 2021.
- Routledge international studies in the philosophy of education
Routledge international studies in the philosophy of education
1 online resource (xiii, 194 pages) : illustrations.
- Merton, Thomas, 1915-1968.
Education -- Research -- Philosophy.
Education -- Research -- Methodology.
Qualitative research -- Methodology.
Art in education.
- Giovanni Rossini completed his PhD at the University of Toronto, Canada. He is a philosopher and independent scholar whose research interests span the fields of holistic and contemplative studies in education.
- Narrative beginnings : the seeds of inquiry and the imperative of story
Meditations on Merton's paradox : narrative, aesthetics and the emergence of the wisdom image
The journey of the "perpetual seeker:" of emerging questions on the dialogical ethos of wisdom and art
The friendship of texts : beyond a referential relation with texts onto the dialogical in inquiry
Towards a methodology of one : the personal versus the socio-empirical in inquiry
The imaginal as a pathway onto wisdom : a prolegomenon for a classroom practice
The journey of Gionitus and "Newton's child" concluding reflections on the imperative of the personal and aesthetical in arts-based contemplative inquiry.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. London Available via World Wide Web.
Description based on online resource; title from digital title page (viewed on December 23, 2020).
- Taylor & Francis eBooks
- Other format:
- Print version: Rossini, Giovanni. Self and wisdom in arts-based contemplative inquiry in education
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|