The feast of the desert of Apa Shenoute : a liturgical procession from the White Monastery in Upper Egypt / edited and translated by Stephen J. Davis, Daniel Schriever, and Mary Farag ; with contributions by Samuel Moawad.
- Lovanii : In aedibus Peeters, 2020.
- Corpus scriptorum Christianorum Orientalium ; 0070-0452 v. 681.
Corpus scriptorum Christianorum Orientalium. Scriptores Coptici ; t. 53.
Corpus scriptorum Christianorum Orientalium, 0070-0452 ; vol. 681. Scriptores Coptici, 0070-0428 ; tomus 53
399 pages : color illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Original text in Coptic with parallel English translation; critical matter in English.
- An edition and translation of a trilingual manuscript recording the rite of a medieval liturgical procession at the White Monastery (Dayr al-Anba Shinudah) in Upper Egypt, accompanied by two introductions. Primarily in Coptic, with selected sections in Greek and Arabic, the original text is preserved in the Bibliothèque nationale in Paris (BN Copte 68), and it includes rubrics of biblical passages and a sermon by Shenoute meant to be read at different points during the procession. The first introduction situates the manuscript in relation to the history, archaeology, and ritual practice of the monastery. The second introduction provides a technical description of the manuscript and of the editorial methods used in producing the edition. The introductions, edition, and translation are supplemented by tables with selected images, an index of biblical citations, and a bibliography.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 393-399) and index.
- Davis, Stephen J., editor, translator.
Schriever, Daniel, 1984- editor, translator.
Farag, Mary, 1985- editor, translator.
Moawad, Samuel, editor, translator.
- Other format:
- e-book version
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|